Webber Middle School opened in 1990. Our school is named for Don Webber, a former PSD teacher, coach, principal, and superintendent.
Webber Middle School offers academically rigorous, standards based curriculum for 6th, 7th and 8th grade students. We offer challenging academic options, including Honors classes for 7th grade and Pre-Advanced Placement courses in some areas for 8th grade. These core academic areas are balanced with other options in electives, arts and athletics to ensure a whole child approach to learning. We offer Webber 101 for 6th grade students to support the transition to middle school with focused instruction in time management skills, note taking structures, and the safe use of technology. Webber also offers a wide variety of electives:
- Visual arts, pottery, photography & jewelry
- Family & Consumer Sciences
- Award-winning Music Department (band, orchestra and choir) drama & theater
- Tech Ed, 3D design, Web Design
- German and Spanish world languages
- Physical Education, Outdoor Living, Yoga
- WEB Leaders (student leadership program)
Club offerings include:
- Science Olympiad, Science Bowl
- WAVE (Webber Aeronautical Ventures in Education)
- student leadership program (WEB Leaders)
- Math Counts
- German Club
Webber students can compete in PSD Middle School Athletics, where our team have won 50+ district championships over the last 25 years.
We offer student travel opportunities to the American Southwest, Costa Rica, Germany and other European countries that provide unique learning environments for those students.
Throughout the school community, 6 Ps are emphasized: Prompt, Prepared, Polite, Positive Mental Attitude (PMA), Produce, Participate.