Webber Cross Country Preseason Camp 2017 The Webber cross country coaching staff will be running a preseason camp for any 6th, 7th, or 8th grade boys or girls that are interested in being a part of the cross country team this fall. Cross country is a no cut sport, so anyone that wants to be a part of the team is welcome. We recommend athletes attending the cross country camp to help them work on their form and get a head start on conditioning before official practice begins on August 23. IMPORTANT CAMP DETAILS:
- The preseason camp will take place August 14 through August 18 from 3:00 pm- 4:15 pm.
- Interested athletes should meet by the flagpole in front of Webber at 3:00 pm and be picked up by 4:20 pm.
- There is no fee for the preseason camp, but interested runners MUST have a current PSD sports physical form turned in to the front office at Webber in order to participate in the camp. Please turn the form in to the front office at Webber. The blue card verifies that the paperwork is complete and fees have been paid. Athletes will need to turn in a blue card on the first day of official practice.
- Athletes should arrive at camp dressed in running gear. Athletes should also bring a water bottle (with water in it!).
- Again, the camp is optional, but it is a great way to get a head start on getting into competitive shape!
GENERAL CROSS COUNTRY INFORMATION:
- Cross country is a no cut sport that is open to 6th, 7th, and 8th grade boys and girls.
- The PSD $90 athletic fee MUST be paid to the front office at Webber before any athlete can begin official practice.
- A blue card verifying that a current sports physical/proof of insurance form has been turned in to the Webber front office must be turned in to the coaching staff before an athlete can begin official practice. Go to the front office at Webber to get a blue card.
- Official practice begins after school on August 23.
- Once school begins, practices will be held every school day from 2:50 pm- 4:15 pm.
- We are flexible in working with other sports and their practice schedules!
- A cross country race is 2 miles in length.
- We will be competing in 6 meets this season. Girls and boys will have separate races. The dates of our meets are: September 7, September 15, September 23 (Saturday), September 28, October 3, and October 7 (Saturday—DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP MEET).
- All meets are in Fort Collins. Weekday meets will be held in the afternoon, while the Saturday meets are in the morning. Official race start times will be provided once the season begins.
- PSD will provide bus transportation to and from the weekday meets. No buses will be provided for the Saturday meets.
- If you have any additional questions, please contact Coach Long at email@example.com.